George Calombaris has placed his restaurant empire into voluntary administration, only months on from an underpayment scandal and more recently the loss of his MasterChef role. Calombaris’ business, Made Establishment, met this afternoon to decide whether to appoint a voluntary administrator. The move puts its 500 employees’ jobs in doubt — but it’s reported workers will be paid out in full should the restaurants be wound up.
- Housewares and furniture chain Ishka in voluntary administration
- Coronavirus outbreak in China: Risks of supply chain disruption increase with time
- Tax debts could tank your credit score under new ATO powers
- Holden axed in Australia as General Motors gets out of right-hand-drive globally
- George Calombaris places restaurant empire into administration